The result indicated that the heat exchanger is over designed as compared to the water heating requirement. The advantage of overdesigned heat exchanger is that it helps to maintain the heat exchanger operation longer regardless of the operational problem. If some tubes get blocked then can ultimately achieve that requirement due to extra tubes installed to process the same amount of material. Lastly, the rating of heat exchanger indicated the applicability of the procedure required to test whether heat exchanger can meet the requirements or not.
1. Steam is at saturated condition
2. Steam outlet is only water
3. Temperature remain same in the shell side
4. Latent heat of steam remains same
5. Thermodynamics properties are calculated at each stream temperature conditions